I’m sure ya’ll have seen this quote floating around Social Media, but I absolutely love it!!! I feel like I’m one of the only moms NOT on Pinterest! I just can’t….CANNOT! As I’ve said before, I love all things cute/bright/fun/girly! I’m sure Pinterest is full of things I would love, but I already have an issue with time management. So, for now, I’m still saying “Noooo” to Pinterest, but I’ll continue to say “OH YEAH!” to Amazon Prime.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at NO additional cost to you, A Happy Day may receive a small commission if you make a purchase.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons why I L-O-V-E Amazon Prime:
- Of course, the two-day FREE shipping…and sometimes FREE one-day shipping! We used the one-day FREE shipping to order a fidget spinner for the kids (I will admit that I didn’t do any research to figure out if this is something beneficial or just a toy). If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you can click the affiliate link here. I ordered this one for Kinley (but no one-day shipping on this one).
- The Customer Reviews (aka my “Amazon friends”)! A few months ago while shopping at Target, I found a beautiful, super-soft blanket that I could not resist! I know better than to buy a blanket without checking reviews (I seriously told myself “Do NOT buy this”), but it was such a pretty plum color and SO soft. I decided I would put it in my cart while I finished shopping so I could “think about it”. Of course, that means I bought it! I took it home and after using it for one day, I realized it was SHEDDING everywhere. I was so frustrated and mad…mostly at myself for not listening to MYSELF!!! So I turned to Amazon to search for a replacement blanket. I needed it to be pretty and super-soft, but I can’t see or touch the blanket. So I just looked at the blankets with the best reviews and my “Amazon friends” did not let me down. I ordered this coral one in the throw size (50″ x 60″). It’s amazing!!! I loved it so much that I ordered the teal blanket in the larger size (full/queen) to sleep with at night. Okay, I will also confess to ordering the purple throw as a gift too. Did I mention I love this blanket?!?
- Amazon KNOWS me! It likes to suggest things based on recent searches and/or purchases and I have to admit, I sometimes buy them. Anyone else do this? I asked my husband and he said that the suggestions just annoy him.
- As I posted about here, I LOVE movies and I so love that Amazon Prime offers free movies! I should be embarrassed to say this (but again, I’m just not) that I actually signed up for Amazon Prime because I wanted to re-watch the Veronica Mars TV Series when I heard they were making a movie. That was back in 2013.
- Last, but certainly not least, I don’t even have to leave the house to go SHOPPING (and y’all know I like to shop)!!! Sometimes at the end of the day when my mind won’t stop racing, I just open my Amazon app and shop around. Sometimes I don’t even buy stuff, I just add it to my cart and save it for later or research/read reviews from my “Amazon friends”. It’s so fun!!!
With Mother’s Day coming up on May 14, I wanted to mention a special item for mom. I was recently talking with my friend, Amy, and our conversation jumped around from topic to topic (which is how most of my conversations go…I’m all over the place). I originally called her about something else, but we ended up talking about this book called “Mom, Share Your Life With Me“.
When Amy was younger, her grandmother had a stoke (she survived the stroke). Realizing that her parents wouldn’t be around forever, Amy decided to get her mom and her dad this book. She said her mom was SO excited about the book that she started filling it out immediately and got halfway through the book in about a month (the book is actually intended as a daily journal, with a question a day for a year) before she unexpectedly passed away. Amy ended up crying as she told me about the half-completed book she still has, which led to me also crying. Thank you so much, Amy! This is definitely part of my Mother’s Day gift for my mom and Ava this year. I also ordered this one, because I wanted to compare the two.
The main difference is the number of questions/pages. “Mom, Share Your Life With Me” is a daily journal and the “My Mom” one just has questions you can answer. Here is a pic from each one.
I also hope to start filling one out myself. Yes, I realize that may seem weird, but we aren’t promised tomorrow and I would want my kids to have this.
Since I don’t want to end on that somber note, I thought it would be fun to share the most random thing you’ve ever ordered on Amazon or the FIRST thing you ordered on Amazon. I can’t decide what the most random thing I’ve bought is (I feel like everything I buy on Amazon is pretty “normal”….cause you know, I’m “normal”). So, the first thing we purchased on our Amazon account was this double jogging stroller.
I remembered posting about it on FB, so I found the post.
Look at my little babies (I’m talking about my kids, but YES my husband also looks like a baby in this picture…bahaha)!!! Just like my FB post says, I ordered this on February 24, 2011 and received it the next day. I guess you could say I’ve been hooked on Amazon since that day!!!
Now I want to hear from you guys! What is 1) the most random thing you’ve purchased from Amazon or 2) the first thing you bought on Amazon?